|DANA M. HRELIC
Phone: (860) 522-8338
Fax: (860) 728-0401
B.A. with distinction, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2005
J.D. University of Connecticut School of Law, 2008
State of Connecticut, 2008
State of New York, 2009
United States District Court for the District of Connecticut, 2009
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2013
Listed in Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2013
Recipient of the CBA YLS Public Service Award for outstanding service to the YLS, 2012-2013 Bar Year
Recipient of ABA YLD Star of the Quarter for outstanding work with the YLD, Feb. 2013
Attorney Hrelic handles civil litigation and appellate matters.
Attorney Hrelic became a principal of the firm in January of 2014.
In October 2012, Attorney Hrelic was selected as one of the Connecticut Law Tribune's "New Leaders in Law" 2012.
Attorney Hrelic joined the firm after clerking for the Honorable Christine S. Vertefeuille of the Connecticut Supreme Court. At the University of Connecticut School of Law, she was the DeMayo Scholar and the 2006 Public Interest Law Group Helen Z. Pearl Fellow. She also received the CALI Award for Excellence in Law and Philosophy. She was Managing Editor of the Connecticut Law Review from 2007 to 2008.
Attorney Hrelic was elected to serve as the Secretary of the Board of Governors for the Hartford Chorale. She will serve her second two year term (2012-2014).
- CBA YLS Treasurer (2013-2014)
- CBA Task Force on the Future of Legal Education and Standards of Admission (2013-2014)
- ABA YLD National Conferences Team, Vice Coordinator (2013-2014)
- ABA YLD Resolution Team (2013-2014)
- ABA Young Lawyers Division District Representative for Connecticut and Rhode Island (2011-2012, 2012-2013)
- ABA YLD Credentials Board (2012-2013)
- ABA YLD Finance Board (2012-2013)
- Appointed by the ABA President to the ABA Task Force on the Future of Legal Education, where she serves on the Subcommittee on the Delivery of Legal Education and its Regulation.
- Member of ABA YLD Council
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Section of the Connecticut Bar Association (2010 to present)
- Co-chair of the Appellate Practice Committee of the Young Lawyers Section of the CBA (2010-present)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the CBA Appellate Advocacy Committee
- Barrister in the Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court (2011 to present)
- ABA YLD Truth in Law School Education Committee Task Force,(2012-2013, 2013-2014)
Some of the more notable cases in which Attorney Hrelic has argued or been substantially involved include:
Western Dermatology Consultants, P.C. v. VitalWorks, 146 Conn. App. 169, (2013)
Holth v. Chelsea Groton Bank, 143 Conn. App. 732, cert. denied(2013)
Hirschfield v. Machinist, 137 Conn. App. 69, cert. denied, 307 Conn. 939 (2012)
In re Messiah S., 138 Conn. App. 606, cert. denied, 307 Conn. 935 (2012)
In re Kaleb H., 306 Conn. 22 (2012)
Myles v. Myles, 136 Conn. App. 483 (2012)
In re Destiny R., 134 Conn. App. 625, cert. denied, 304 Conn. 932 (2012)
In re Alba P.-V., 135 Conn. App. 744 (2012)
Yeager v. Alvarez, 134 Conn. App. 112 (2012)
In re Brian T., 134 Conn. App. 1 (2012)
Culver v. Culver, 127 Conn. App. 236 (2011)
Shaulson v. Shaulson, 125 Conn. App. 734 (2010)